6.05.2008

My First Day

Mom came home today and told me about this website. She said that Jasper McKitten-cat's dad told her that this was a neat place to meet other kitties and human parents. Mom and I are both very new at this "blogging" thing, so we ask that you are patient with us as we learn how to do this.

I came to live with my mom when she went to Clemson University in South Carolina to work on a Ph.D. The funny thing is - my mom is a die-hard University of South Carolina Gamecock fan! Go figure . . .

My fur mother is a seal-point Himalayan and my fur father is a red-tabby Persian, so that is where I got my unique markings! It was a good thing that I had long fur because it sure was cold in the upstate of South Carolina. I used to help mom grade papers for her math students and even gave one student with a bad grade my "tooth" stamp of disapproval. You should have seen mom try to explain the teeth marks in the graded test! Mom made it really hard to get around the apartment with all of the books and papers on the floor, while she was writing her dissertation. I used to jump up on her keyboard when she wasn't paying enough attention to me because everyone knows that I should come first in her life! If I wasn't so old (12), I would still do that. I now settle with sitting beside her at the computer and meow until she gives me a treat!

Well, that is enough for a first post. I hope to be back later.

16 comments:

jenianddean said...

Welcome to the Cat Blogosphere! We really hope to see more of you...
--Jasper

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wow, Jasper! That was fast. Your dad just told me about this site this afternoon. I will try to harass my mom to keep up with this!

Praline

jenianddean said...

My Mom just saw your picture and she sucked all the air out of the room as she said, "She's cute!"
--Jasper

Myst and Blackie said...

Hi, Praline... you are very pretty. Look forward to hearing more from and about you.

Purrs... Ghost & Jade

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hi Praline! Welcome to da cat blogosphere! We sure are glad to meet yoo and we hope yoo like it here in da blogging world. Der are a lot of us cats dat blog so yoo should make lots of frends (yoor mom will too).

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous ladycat you are, Praline. I'm so happy to meet you! You and I are the same age -- I'm around twelve years old, too! Welcome to the Cat Blogosphere. It's a wonderful place to be, and I hope we will become very good friends!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

MaoMao said...

Welkome to the Kitty Bloggiesphere, Praline! You are a beeyootiful kitty gurl. You are gonna love bloggin! It's such a great way to make new furriends!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Max said...

Hiyas! Welcome to the cat blogosphere! Any friend of Jasper's is a friend of mine!

Karen Jo said...

Hi, Sweet Praline, it's nice to meet you. Welcome to the Cat Blogosphere. I'm sure you will like it here.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Welcome to the world of kitty blogging! Very nice to meet you Praline...what a delightful name you have. Jasper is a good friend and will soon have you knowing all the ropes so to speak.
I always have my tea kettle on so drop over when you have some time.
Love Miss Peach

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hello Praline!!! You are gorgeous!! Welcome to cat blogging. We loves meeting new furriends. Stop by when you can and visit us.
Sammy and Miles Meezer and Billy Gingersnap
http://meezertails.blogspot.com

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

HI Sweet Praline!

what a cute name you have and what a goreous ladycat you are!

We are gald Jasper's dad told your mom about us blogging cats.

Nice to meet you!
Kashim & Othello
http://catboys.paulchens.org

Alexi said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere. We hope you have fun. here. You're very cute. All of us cats here are very friendly and care for each other. Come see us when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hi, sweetie! I just heard about you at the Cat Blogosphere and wanted to drop by and welcome you in. Purrs...

Alexi said...

OOOPS! Mom bean and Blu Cat man reminded me that you need our website. Here it is:
http://krasotacastle.blogspot.com

Yeah! another SC kitty in the cat blogosphere. We live in the Pee Dee region of SC.

Alexi, Mombean, Blu Cat Man and the other kitties in the Castle.

Chance said...

Welcome to the Bloggyshpere! It's furry nice to meet you. My name is Chance and I have my own bloggy too. Well sometimes my Woofie brofur takes over, but not much. Come check us out.