I think Mom is doing a little spring cleaning around here!
We’re counting down the days until National Hairball Awareness Day (April 30th). Shedding peaks in the spring, causing increased hairballs, as well as fur tumbleweeds rolling across floors and lawns and furniture… Pet owners, both feline and canine, are looking for ways to battle the fuzz and capitalize on all that spring cleaning elbow grease. Rid your home of excess pet fur and keep a clean, healthy pet by following these simple tips from FURminator, Inc.
• Healthy Diet: Diet plays a key role in your pet's overall health. Feeding your pet a quality pet food with protein, vitamins and Omega-Fatty Acids will promote a healthy weight and topcoat and can help reduce shedding. My Mom has to get the pet store to order my foods!
• Scratch the Itch: Pets can itch because of fleas, dry skin or even a skin allergy, which can spread dander throughout the house. Whatever the cause, make sure to speak with your veterinarian to help your pets feel and look their best. My mom always looks out for me!
• Love Your Pet, Hate the Shedding?: Use a professional style grooming tool, such as the new FURminator deLuxe deShedding Tool, which is guaranteed to work better than any brush, rake or comb available. The deLuxe deShedding Tools reduce the amount of fur left on floors, couches and clothes by nearly 90 percent. They also feature a FURejector button, making it faster to clean and remove loose hair from the tool. We're working on getting one!
• Lessen Allergies & Sneezing: Create allergy-free areas for family members with pet allergies by restricting animals to certain rooms of your home and consider using allergen-resistant covers on mattresses and pillows. Regular grooming will also decrease the amount of airborne allergens and dander around the house. Wait a minute - I'm not restricted from ANY room in the house!!!
• Pet Hair Removal: Upholstery is a pet hair magnet and removing fur can be tedious. Eliminate newly shed hair with a lint roller before fur works its way into fabric. If pets are allowed on the furniture, consider investing in furniture throws that can be laundered - this will keep your home looking and smelling better. I refuse to lie on top of anything, but the bare furniture.
• Pet Crates: Pets prefer a clean, dry space to sleep in. A crate acts like their bedroom and provides a positive solution to house-training. Be sure to keep their "room" clean by washing blankets kept in the crate. I sleep all over the house!
• Avoid the Outside Coming In: Keep a washable rug near the door your pet uses. Wipe off their paws so mud or dirt is not tracked onto floors. Consider using a bottle of the FURminator Waterless deShedding Shampoo & Conditioner to easily eliminate odor without bathing. Also, dispose of pet waste regularly to ensure it's not being tracked into the house. I don't go outside, so I guess this doesn't apply to me.
Come on, Mom! It's time to get started with that Spring Cleaning!