7.21.2008

Helping with the Paperwork

Quote for the Day
"One reason we admire cats is for their proficiency in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing, or pretend they do."- Barbara Webster


Paperwork is a never-ending job around our house. Mom used to be a professor and there were papers all over the house (don't tell Mom, but there are still too many papers!) to be read, graded, researched, filed, etc. Luckily, there isn't as much "take home" work as there used to be since mom has left the teaching field. However, there are still times that she brings work home and being the good kitty that I am, I try to help out.


I lie ready and waiting for instructions to assist mom with the most recent paperwork. Because she was out recuperating from surgery for two weeks, some work had to be completed at home.


I am always ready and willing. Oh wait, there is something on tv about cats. Just a minute, Mom.


Oh, alright! If you insist! I am tired of all this paperwork. Besides, you need to take your medicine and get some rest; Praline's ORDERS (since you don't listen to the doctors).

I've got an idea. I will just lie down on top of the work and the only way for you to get to it is to go through me! And we all know what happens . . .



Roll over, expose floofy tummy, give Mom the "look" and get bunches of belly rubs! It works everytime. I guess I showed "one-upmanship on mom again! Hee! Hee!

23 comments:

Lux said...

That was a great quote, and also you had a great idea!

Cat Street Boyz said...

We have to teach our beans that paperwork is a waste of trees and time that could be spent with us! Toy pushes mommies paper work on the floor and then rolls all over it.....actually it is her artwork so she isn't happy about that!=^Y^=Tinker

MaoMao said...

Awwww, Praline, that's a great way to get yur Momma to rest! That's furry helpful of you to sit on yur Momma's papurwork, and that's a stroke of geenius to get her fockused on yur wunnerful floofy belleh!

My Mom's SQUEEEEEEing again at yur adorrabble pickshures!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Ana said...

Oh yes, cats are perfect in determining the time for beans to rest and just to snuggle!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you Mom bean gets better soon!
Your a good kitty to help her with all that paperwork.

Teddy Westlife said...

We're much cleverer than they are, as you just showed!

Huffle Mawson

Monty Q. Kat said...

Excellent work!

Pattyskypants said...

Hai Sweet P! Me luv U so much cuz U is not only beeeewetiful but SO SMAHT!! xxoo Bhu

The Island Cats said...

Hi Praline! Helping with paper work is always so tiring....

You need a catnip break!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Praline

Momma said she wouldn't get any work done with how sweet and cuddly you are!

Purrs
Abby

ZOOLATRY said...

Zoey wants to know if you do filing as well? And removing paper from the shredder-machine is an art form she has worked hard to develop. Something is very tasty about those thin little strips of paper. However, Maggy strong suggests you DO NOT try that trick, as she is convinced Zoey will soon lose a paw in the prawcess.

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

That is a very good quote and you are very good to help your mom! You certainly have a lovely floofy tummy! And I have tagged you for a meme, Praline! Come on over and see!

Purrrrrrrrs, China Cat

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh Praline...Mommy is going crazy over your pictures and your tummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

L. Alida said...

Praline, your cuteness just gets me every time! I would not be able to resist your floofiness either. :)
I sure hope your Mom's foot is healing nicely. And didn't she have a sinus infection too? I hope she gets better! Next time she is resting you must lay on her and hold her down. :) Yesterday, Billie let me comb her for over 5 minutes! I think she was just too warm to fuss. After about 5 though she gave me a warning growl. :) (I got a lot of loose fur anyway)
Have a really wonderful day okay?
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

Tybalt said...

Praline, I can see that you are an expert on paperwork! (Who could resist you and your tummy floof?)

Mo and The Purries said...

Those are some great pictures and a wonderful story!
And you're featured in my Uncle Mo poem today on the Cat Blogosphere!

PB 'n J said...

What a great job helping - and getting belly rubs!

muffinmidi said...

What's even better than lying on papers is knocking them over. My mommy is always doing writing projects, so she has lots of piles of books and papers.If I want he attention I just push something ove. It works like a charm.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Good job distractin' yer mom!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're pretty good at paperwork too. But for some reason when we move it around, especially onto the floor, Jan's voice gets really loud and she yells, "Noooooooooooo!" We're just filing it with the rest of the paperwork. She should be thanking us, not yelling.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

It's a miracle your mom gets any work done with your adorable floofy tummy around to be rubbed.

I'm not nearly as good of an assistant as you are. I attack and shred any paper within my reach...so mommy is very good about keeping papers put away.

Motor Home Cats said...

We love to lay on Mom's paperwork too. She doesn't bring it home often, but when she does...

You look very cute and your technique for getting your mom to pay attention to you is perfect.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

meemsnyc said...

What a great job helping with paperwork!