5.28.2011

Return Engagement - AS THE PAW TURNS - The Party

I forgot that Inigo had a part in AS THE PAW TURNS!  What a wonderful tribute to this handsome angel, too! 

 We left Mayor G. Jasper taking a nap and having sweet dreams of Praline and Maggy, thinking everything was all set for the party at Sweet Praline's cottage. Luckily for him, the phone rang and woke him up. Sweet Praline purred into the phone,  "GJ, what time would you like me to be at your house to help you set up?" Mayor Jasper was too embarrassed to let his sweetheart know that he forgot it was at his house, so he told her that everything was already set up and she just needed to plan on an evening being pampered!  As soon as he hung up the phone, he immediately called Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artangan Rumblepurr Catering and Partying Consultants, the best in the village of Furville. When they heard the "last minute" party was being hosted by Sweet Praline, they immediately responded with  "yes! we'd love to help." Mayor Jasper sighed as he hung up the phone and looked at the green papers he would need to deduct from his upcoming campaign tour. However, he knew it was worth it for Sweet Praline. Thank goodness she called him and woke him up.   

The scene fades to Mayor Jasper's house . . .
 Mayor G.Jasper,  "I've called you all here this evening at the request of Sweet Praline, the village Diva. She truly believes that we can all get along, without hissing and swatting and the rivalry among us. In fact, perhaps we can teach the humans a lesson about that (they do need it now don't they?). I've invited you here to my humble abode (we mayoral types are poorly paid!) so we can share food and nip."

Praline:  "Thank you, Your Honor. As you said, I do believe we can all become furriends and still enjoy each other's company."

Mayor G.Jasper:  "Will you all take your seats at the table please? The humans wish to begin serving us." (He clapped his paws and Paula, Peggy, Ann, Sachie, Rone, and Carol jumped to attention and begin serving the group.)

Praline: "May I sit beside you, Your Honor?"

Mayor G. Jasper:  "Of course, dearest."

The Mayor (again): "Bhu, get out of your bag and come to the table. Romeo, I know you're tired, but sleeping on the table is totally not permitted in my home, move to your chair please!"

Bhu:  "I like being in the bag, or in a box, or behind something, or under something... or, or... oh well, I'll sit if I must."

Romeo:  "Stop complaining GJ, I did one-hundred-and-one surgeries today! I worked far harder than any old civil servant like you, and I'm am tired! But, out of deference to your position, I'll be seated."

The Mayor (again): "Goma, get off the sidebar and come join us. Melvin, you too, put your mousie away and come to the table, Mouchois."

Goma:  "But you know I can get much better photographs from over here, and I do have to publish tomorrow in both the political section and the social pages! Though I am concerned GJ, about it being "free advertising" for your next mayoral run in 2010; will I have to give equal space to the other candidates?"

Melvin:  "I don't wanna come to the table. I mean I do wanna come to the table. I don't wanna sit in that high chair, that's for baby-kitties, and I am growing big now. Besides, where I go, my mousey goes!"

The Mayor (again, with a heavy sigh): "Goma, you can take pictures after dinner. And don't get all hissy about the advertising, I'll give you green papers if you insist! Melvin, just push your high chair up to the table by Romeo please; I have no other chair. Besides, Romeo will cut up your tuna cakes for you, since you're not allowed to use a knife yet."

Praline:  "Shame for shame! You are all fussing and arguing over the silliest little things. This is not a good way to start our evening of harmony and getting along together."

The Mayor (frowning): "And so where is Maggy? Didn't she come, or is she late as usual?"

Praline: "Mmmm, Uuhh, she's way back there in the corner. She says she won't join us unless Khyra can come to!"

The Mayor (totally exasperated now):  "OK, OK... Khyra please join us. After all... wouldn't you all agree that's a very good way to begin getting along?"

Everyone, in unison:  "Yes, oh yes it is. Purrs all."

Praline:  "And that dear friends is  "how the paw turns". It turns towards you, with friendship."


In the meantime, Sweet Praline touches both Mayor Jasper's and Bhu's paws under the table and little Melvin spots them while he is retrieving his mousie . . .

To be continued one of these days . . .
   

Tomorrow - Out takes from the show of all of the cast! 

 It's so sad we were never able to have another soap opera with Diva Praline, but she was definitely a star in this show.  Please come back tomorrow for outtakes from the series.  They are so funny.

13 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Applauds--oh yes it is even better the second time around!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

we loved it this time too!

Jacqueline said...

WILD APPLAUSE!!...This was just fantastic and completely adorable, we really enjoyed it and gorgeous Praline was the purrfect choice for the part...We look forward to tomorrow's fun photos as well...Hugs, Paula...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Thank you for the kind words and I am sure the Deacon was happy to meet Angel Sweet Praline. He did love cats, though cats were not always fond of him.

Imagine that I'll have several restless nights sleeping. My prayers are with you during your trying times.

Dog Dad & Essex

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh I had so forgotten just how much fun we did have. I so agree it is such a shame that our darling sweet Praline could not have done another series. The next generation in her honour maybe.. Hugs GJ xx

Marg said...

That is so great how you all did that. Love the part about getting out of the bag. That really was fun reading that especially since we haven't been here long enough to have seen it before. It was just great. We certainly will be even more sad when this blog ends. Take care.Can't wait for the new kitty or kitties.

Fr. Tom Fish said...

We will definitely be back for more! We enjoyed this episode very much. I'm glad you ran it again since we missed it the first paw-round.

Have a good weekend!

Tom & Julie
xoxo

Hannah and Lucy said...

We loved that and we have been clapping our paws together to salute all your wonderful acting.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Cindy said...

Encore, encore! Wonderful! We'll be back for the outtakes.

meowmeowmans said...

Bravo! Thank you for sharing these wonderful memories.

The Florida Furkids said...

We thought As the Paw turns was so much fun. Maybe Angle Praline could have a cameo part in the next one?

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

"The Boys" and Karen said...

Bravo, bravissimo!

What a fantastic walk down memory lane.

We love outtakes, so we'll be back tomorrow.

Brian's Home Blog said...

HeeHee, that is so cute!