WIS STORM ALERT WEATHER
Hi 102 F Lo 77 F
Steamy and Stormy
2. One of my favorite spots to cool off is in front of the air condition vent in the "great room". When I sit in front of this vent, I am usually close to Couch Potato Mom watching TV and I can keep an eye on the front door while cooling off.
Blow, cold air, blow!"
3. Another cool spot for a floofy kitty is on the kitchen glass table. However, I had a problem this week because Mom has started decorating the house for South Carolina Football season and these "chicken" plates (What Mom, well they are chickens!!!) are taking up all of my room to lie down. I guess I must find another spot to cool off."What are these bird plates doing on MY table? I don't care if football season is ONLY 22 more days away!"
4. Many of my fur friends mentioned tile floors. I am very lucky because we have two bathrooms that both have tiled floors. What makes them more special is the the air condition vent is below the bathroom cabinet and blows direction on my as I lie down on the cool tiles until my fur is cold to the touch!
This is Mom's bathroom. I have a floofy while piece of carpet in from of the air condition vent. Mom can usually find me in this room on the floor or on the toilet seat.
5. The guest bathroom (the one decorated with the chickens!) is also great. I will lie down in the doorway of the bathroom and the vent blows across the cool tile and through the doorway to cool my floof. Mom was pushing me out of the way last night to cool off. She said something about "it's bad enough I have my own personal summers, but this heat is going to push me into becoming a hurricane." I don't think I understand.
6. My favorite spot in mom's bedroom under another vent. This spot is set up just for me. To my left is my custom made litter box (I will share more about that later), my scratching post, and my Gamecock water bowl. You wouldn't believe how cool the water stays in the location.
7. Closed doors! It's so hot that mom won't even open the doors to let the afternoon sunlight in. We kitties must have our sun beams. The house was so dark, I went and found a closet to hid in. If I can't have the light, then lead me to the dark!!!
Just a little bit of sunshine, Please !!!
8. Mom says she already has too many of her own "personal summers" and she doesn't need this additional heat! I don't know what she means. Why doesn't she lie down on the floor underneath the vents like me to cool off? I've got an idea, Mom - how about cleaning off the table and let's both lie down on the glass table! In the meantime, I am going to spread out on the wooden end table and just let my paws and tails hang off to catch the cool air!
12. As a former math teacher, mom has been mumbling something about, we could keep a record of how hot it got each day and record it on a grid. We can then keep this data for about a week and calculate the average temperature and show this on a line graph. An then, we can see if there is a linear function connected to this "trend." I quickly remind my mom that she is no longer a math professor, so we don't need to to this.
Students in mom's former classroom working on data collection. I had to whap mom to remind her that doing this again would definitely make her hot! She knows what I mean.
12. Finally, no matter how hot it gets, I still expect Mom to give me my treats! We still go through the same routine, but sometimes I get a little more because Mom isn't paying attention and she leaves the top off of the treat jar and I neak in a few more! Anything for a few more treats! Somebody keep an eye out for mom. The treat jar is open!
Note from Mom - sorry we haven't been around to all of the bloggers as usual. I have already had 3 doctor appointments this week and another one tomorrow, several meetings at work that I must attend, meeting with the computer "geek" guy for my laptop, meeting with the air condition guy, and packing for a trip to San Diego next week. We will try harder! Thank you so much for all of the visits, the well wishes (I am on round 3 of the antibiotics) and the concern. You are a very special group of cat lovers!