Between the Kitty Fight Club and the Who's Your Favorite Furball contest and my mom's health, we just haven't had time until today.
I gave mom a really hard time about choosing a winner this time. I told her that I had already done my part in two previous raffles in choosing the winner and she could pick this time. But, I snoopervised her very carefully and make her close her eyes and pick.
And the winner is . . .
- As a dedication for those who love blogging activity and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
- To seek the reason why we all love blogging.
- Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
- Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
- Answer the Award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
- Tag and distribute the Award to as many people as you like.
- Don’t forget to notify the Award receivers and put their links in your post.
I love blogging and especially the CB because of all of the special furriends I have made. They make mom and I feel good each day with their visits and they are there for us when we really need it.
I don't know who has this award, so I am sending it out to all of those kitties that helped me with the numerous raffles to help with my vet bills.
By the time you read this post, the quarter finals for the Kitty Fight Club will be over. No matter who wins, I want to thank all of my supporters from the CB and beyond. My mom says I'm still the cutest kitten in her eyes and that is all that counts.
Happy National Hairball Awareness Day!
I'll announce the winner of www.romeothecat.com and FURminator, Inc. (www.furminator.com) “Who’s Your Favorite Furball?” Contest as soon as we receive the results. Mom went to bed early Thursday night (pain in back), so we won't know the results until she wakes up and can help me this morning.
All I can say is if anyone can understand the dangers of hairballs, I can. I've been rushed to the vet a few times during my 13 years of life because of potential blockages. Thanks, Romeo, for sponsoring this!
Don’t forget! Tomorrow, Friday April 24, is National Hairball Awareness Day!
To celebrate, www.RomeotheCat.com and FURminator, Inc. (www.furminator.com) are sponsoring the “Who’s Your Favorite Furball?” contest.
The winner will receive a free FURminator deShedding Tool (www.furminator.com) and will also see their favorite, funniest, furriest furball featured on www.PeoplePets.com and popular pet blogs across the Internet.
See entry rules here.
Romeo and the FURminator
FURminator Tips on Preventing Hairballs in Cats
Fuzzballs, cat scratches and dirty litter boxes may be top complaints from cat parents, but paws down, hairballs are among the worst of the worst. With peak shedding season underway, our cats are in full swing when it comes to grooming themselves, which means an increase in hairballs (since hairballs are caused when the cat grooms itself).
Friday, April 24 is National Hairball Awareness Day, and to help both cat and parents alike, below are some tips on how to prevent hairballs in cats:
- Regular Grooming: Hairballs occur when cats over groom. To help cats look and feel their best, it’s essential to regularly brush them. The FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats (link to http://furminator.com) is recommended by vets and nominated by Tufts University School of Veterinarian Medicine as the number one product to reduce hairballs in cats. Using the tool on a regular basis, as well as the FURminator deShedding Shampoo for Cats, will help reduce shedding, thus reducing the amount of hair your cat ingests.
- Home Remedies: Try adding a little butter and canned pumpkin to your cat’s meals once or twice a week. The butter may loosen the hair clod and the fiber in the pumpkin can help move it through the system.
- Stay Hydrated: Encourage your cat to drink plenty of water by placing various bowls throughout the house. The water will help flush out the hair before it has time to clump in the stomach.
- Consult Your Vet: If you believe you cat has chronic hairball problems, ask your veterinarian to recommend a laxative supplement to help prevent ingested hairs from forming hairballs.
National Hairball Awareness Day
Who’s Your Favorite Furball Contest
Wednesday April 22 – Friday April 24, 2009
Friday April 24 is National Hairball Awareness Day!
To celebrate, http://www.romeothecat.com/ and FURminator, Inc. (www.furminator.com) are sponsoring the “Who’s Your Favorite Furball?” contest.
The winner will receive a free FURminator deShedding Tool (http://www.furminator.com/) and will also see their favorite, funniest, furriest furball featured on http://www.peoplepets.com/ and popular pet blogs across the Internet.
Entering is easy!
1. Visit http://www.romeothecat.com/ and click on the FirstGiving link to donate $1 (or more if you choose!) to Romeo’s FURPOWER beneficiary of the month, Kitten Rescue (http://www.kittenrescue.org/) of Los Angeles.
2. Submit your favorite, funniest, furriest furball photo (cats only, please!) via email to romeo at romeothecat dot com and tell us how winning a FURminator deShedding Tool will change your life (and your furball’s life!). Make sure to include the following information:
· Your Favorite Furball’s name
· How winning a FURminator deShedding Tool will change your life (and your furball’s life!)
· Your name
· Your email address
· What name you used with your FirstGiving donation
Entries must be submitted by 9 p.m. EST Thursday, April 23, 2009.
3. A Favorite Furball gallery will be posted on http://www.romeothecat.com/ leading up to the big announcement.
4. The winner will be selected via a random drawing.
5. The winner will be announced on http://www.romeothecat.com/, http://www.peoplepets.com/ and participating blogs at 12 p.m. EST Friday, April 24, 2009.
· Contest is only open to cats (sorry doggies!)
· Entrants must be located in the U.S. or Canada
· Entries must be submitted by 9:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, April 23, 2009
· Entrants agree to allow their photo to be posted on participating blogs
If you have additional questions, please contact romeo at romeothecat dot com.
My Friend, Romeo with the FURminator
The quarter finals are this weekend and I will be competing again on Sunday against Monkey (who has beautiful green eyes!). It's tortie against tortie!
I thought I would get a head start and share a Baby Praline Belly picture.
Pee Ess - The winner of the Drinkwell Fountain will be announced tomorrow. Thanks to all of you, my vet bills have been completely paid for and I have already made donations to Moki and the Caboodle Ranch Coyote Fence.
moar funny pictures
Mom is on the road visiting the universities this week, so I won't be able to visit as much. Don't forget me, I'll be back!
Please don't forget to donate for your chance at a new Platinum Drinkwell Fountain. Only $5 will help pay for my vet bills and all money donated beyond $40 within the next three days will be donated to other kitties in need on the CB.
Uh! Oh! I think I hear something that sounds like the Vet's footsteps! I'm out of here!
Maybe if I hide under the table, behind the trashcan, she won't see me!
Hmmmmmmmm. What's this cord doing down on the floor?
Oops! Dr. Susan Ellis and Mom caught me and put me back on the table. Dr. Ellis said I looked great! She sad my teeth had a little build-up, but she should be able to take care of that next year (and without knocking me out). She made some comment about me having strong little jaws! She started feeling around me stomach and said I had strong belly muscles too! She dropped some medicine in my nose (didn't like that) and then came from behind an gave me a shot!! Ouch!!!
The good news is that the Vet said I was in such good shape that she didn't see the need to steal my bloods. She even had to ask my mom how old I was and when she told her, the vet said I was doing great for a kitty my age. No special food or medicines needed. I think I like this Vet after all!
Dr. Susan Ellis (my Vet) holding me.
Pee Ess - My mom's human vet appointment went fine too. He told my mom it was just a "wait and see" process now and tey wouldn't know anything for about 6 months. Usually there isn't a lot of pain with an implant, but the doctor told my mom that with all of the problems and surgeries in the same area (5 surgeries in the last two years) that it would take her a little longer to heal. She goes back in September for x-rays.
Pee Ess Ess - Please don't forget to donate for your chance for the NEW Platinum Drinkwell Fountain. Mom has kept the fountain running to make sure it is stil working before we ship it. I have NEVER used it!!! For only $5, you can have a chance to get a brand new fountain that normally costs $70. Only four more days! All proceeds go toward my vet bills and the remainder will be sent to other kitties on the CB that are in need. Thank you in advance for your caring and assistance. We love you!
Update on Praline 11:00 AM: The Vet appointment went well! In fact, the Vet said I was doing so great that she didn't need to take my bloods! Yippee! She even said I was doing great and had to ask again how old I was. Thank you so much for all of your purrs and purrayers! They worked!
Uh oh! What's my PTU doing out?
The door is open and Mom is no where around, so I think I will check it out!
This is interesting. Usually when my PTU is out, Mom has to grab me and put me in it and I am fighting the whole time. I wonder what is going on.
TRAPPED! She tricked me!
I have a Vet appointment this morning at 9:30. This is for my yearly checkup, but the Vet said she may have to steal some of my bloods for a geriatric workup. I'm not old, so I don't know why she feels she must do this.
My Mom has an appointment with her human Vet this afternoon for him to follow up on her surgery. Mom says that she has a constant ache in her gum (which she thinks is normal) and every once in a while there is a sharp pain.
We will provide you with updates after our Vet visits. Thank you for your purrs and support.
1. The box originally was not empty as most of you guessed.
2. Mom had just thrown the sock on the floor because her feet got hot!
3. My fev-ver butt mousie was in the box.
4. I just reached in and grabbed my fev-ver butt mousie.
5. I played with my fev-ver butt mousie for a little bit (video TBA) because Mom had stored it in the nip!
6. After I became bored with my fev-ver butt mousie, I came back to my empty box.
7. I thought something else MUST be inside that box, so I explored a little bit.
10. Then I got bored and jumped out of the box.
Don't forget about the raffle for the Platinum Drinkwell Fountain. All proceeds will go toward my blood work and Vet visit next week. Remember, any remaining funds will be donated to other kitties in need.