This beautiful blue item is very functional for the beans, but I think it's great for us kitties. It's an aromatherapy heat/cold pack. It's loaded with natural herbs (mom says it smells funny). The beans can either put it in the freezer and use it as an ice pack or heat it in the microwave for a heating pad. My mom keeps the packs in the freezer and unfortunately, she has been using them a lot lately.
The funny thing about this pack is that I am extremely attracted to it. Mom takes it off of her shoulder/neck after 20 minutes and places it beside her before the next 20 minute session starts. My nose immediately goes directly to the herbs and I sniff very deeply.
After all of the sniffing and digging I decided to lie down on it and take a snooze. This herbal pack is great for kitties because it smells good (like catnap) and it's cool to lie down on. Mom just thinks she is getting this back for her hurty shoulder. It's mine now!
Just in case you're curious, here are the ingredients in the pack:
- Cinnamon - Antispasomodic, bronchitis, fever,warming stimulant, carminative,antiseptic.
- Camomile - Relaxation, breathing, burns, anti inflammatory, nervine.
- Lemongrass- Nerve pain, headaches, cold sores, antibacterial, antioxidant, reduce fever, anti-rheumatic.
- White willow – arthritis, toothaches, muscle pain, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, reduces fever, anti-rheumatic, astringent.
- Peppermint – relieves flu symptoms and its pain, carminative, relieves muscle spasms, increases sweating, stimulates secretion of bile, antiseptic.
- Yarrow – Promotes healing, antispasmodic, astringent, bitter tonic, increases sweating, lowers blood pressure, reduces fever, mild diuretic and urinary antiseptic.
- Rosemary – Relieves headaches, tonic, stimulant, astringent, nervine, anti-inflammatory, carminative.
- Yellow dock roots – Improves circulation, strengthens, cleanses & tones the entire body, excellent for boils, ulcers, wounds, and cleansing the blood.
- Spearmint – Relaxation, valuable herb for stopping vomiting during pregnancy. It is gentle enough to use for colic in babies, while aiding in curing colds, flu, and gas.
- Valerian – Calming, sedative, relieves muscle spasm, lowers blood pressure.
- Lavender- Atthritis, stress, circulation.
OK . . .All of my smart kitties out there, doesn't this sound like the purrfect catnip kitty cool pack???