I was at home all by myself, trying to keep myself amused by playing with the fev-ver butt mouse and the orange squiggly thing.
Well, guess what, my human grandmother sent me the visual proof of what Mom was really doing. All this time, Mom was spending time with the woofie, Bandit! How dare she? I think I will give her the silent treatment today.
Mom is still fighting two infections (her eye and her foot). She was running a fever Wednesday night and Thursday morning, but she is on the antibiotics, so I sure hope she gets better soon. Mom asked me to send out a very special thank you to everyone in the cat blog community for their special thoughts and purrayers! My Mom is pretty tough and always has a positive attitude, so I know she will get through this with flying colors (whatever that means)!
Mom did make it to the South Carolina football game last night. The very nice neighbor in the RV beside her parents gave them a lift to the stadium in a golf cart! That was so very nice of him. I spent time at home playing with my fev-vers! She didn't get home until 2:00 AM in the morning!
I told Mom she could post the results of the game tonight! Her Gamecocks won! For many of my fur friends, yes, the Gamecocks ARE chickens playing football, but they sure are big chickens. Hee! Hee!
Mom tried to get me to wear a shirt or hat, like Daisy does, but I put my paw down and said "No way!" I did agree to pose in front of the official Gamecock Block C.
I guess this means that Mom will be home really late Thursday night!
The South Carolina Gamecocks open their 115th season of intercollegiate football, dating back to 1892, and the 2008 season at home against the NC State Wolfpack on Thursday, Aug. 28 in front of an ESPN national-television audience. This is the 102nd-consecutive year in which South Carolina has competed on the gridiron. The University did not field a team in either 1893 or 1906. Carolina owns an all-time record of 521-523-44. This is the third time in the last four years that the Gamecocks have opened their season on ESPN.
How can I help you, Mom?
She stepped on a piece of broken metal in the yard last week and had to get a tetanus shot. Her cut was still draining a little and was hurting more today. Mom had a follow-up appointment with her foot surgeon today. She showed her "newest" injury to the doctor and he was very concerned. He began cutting into the foot (ouch!) and used words such as: "you really stepped on the metal hard," "this is deep," "possible infection," "could be an abscess." Mom was quite surprised. She thought it was a simple cut/scrape. The doctor put her on more antibiotics, asked her to stay off of her foot for a couple of days, and insisted she call him Thursday and let him know how she was doing.
Maybe I was a little hard on her about not answering the telephone yesterday.
My job during the day is to keep a watch outside for birds, bugs, and other fur creatures. Just call me the "watch cat."
However, Cody came in the door and quietly sat down on the floor. I came up to him and allowed him to actually pet me! Janet loved it and said I must had sensed that Cody was special. He had the biggest smile on his face when I allowed him to pet me and then played with him with one of my new toys. Mom says I helped to make his day!
Ok, Cody, if you want to pet me, you can!
Update: Mom called the V.E.T. and NO trip for me. Mom just needs to go and buy the Advantage Orange. I guess I will be a greasy kitty for a little bit. Mom has an appointment with the doctor at 12:30 for her foot.
Guess what Mom found last night? FLEAS! I have no idea how they got on me because I never go outside. Mom is calling the V.E.T. this morning as soon as she gets up to schedule an appointment. She would go and buy some flea stuff, but it's been so long since I have had fleas and that fact that I am almost 13 years old - she wants to make sure she gets the right stuff. I will update when I get back.
1. This was my ONE present that Mom dared give to me when she got back from California. It was a simple canvas bag with weak catnip.
Some Suggestions from the cat bloggers:
2. Show the backside to her.
3. Bite her! I would never bite the hand that feeds me, but I scared her by showing my teeth and tongue.
4. Talk to the paw.
6. Mom felt so bad that I thought this was the only thing that she was going to give me. A few of you suggested that Mom was saving everything and was going to give it to me day-by-day. The outrage from the cat blog community made her feel so guilty that she immediately gave me everything.
7. Mom had a big bag with lot of stuff in it! I immediately began to explore.
Nom Nom, Greenies and Temptations are delicious!
11. I got some new toys to play with that have "high potent" cat nip in them and a whole container of catnip!
Hurry up, Mom. Get this toy off of the card.
12. Mom also got me some new toenail clippers, but she didn't get a picture of them.
13. My favorite item (other than the treats) was the feather mouse. I enjoyed playing with it so much that I was snorting!
Mom said to please ignore the tired, no make-up look! We just wanted to share our welcome home hugs!
A close up of the special welcome home mat Praline made for Mommy... Thank you, Miss Ann for helping me set up the homecoming celebration for Mom.
My silent child our precious baby,
First, let me get in this closet to find the party favors. As you can see, I've gotten an early start on the trashing. This is one of my favorite closets. There is all sorts of "junk" in this closet and Mom has been a little slow cleaning it out. There are 4 shelves that all of you can hang out on and several hidden corners. Let's have fun playing hide and seek and see if we can trash it up a little more.
If you love papers, this is the place to be!
- Visit Huffle Mawson in Australia. We got to play with the kangaroo and it was a lot of fun to try and avoid those kicks!
- Give myself a daily bath to keep the floof beautiful.
- Give Janet (the petsitter) the "look" to get extra treats! It usually works.
- Keep a look out for Mom! I know she won't be home for a few more days, but a kitty can wish, can't she?
- Keep up with the cat blog. I think am doing a pretty good job since she has been gone!
- Practice my "cute face"! Do you think it will work when Mom gets back?
- Guard the guest bedroom and mom's shoes. However, all bets are off for the house trashing party tomorrow (Friday).
- Keep Mom's seat warm on the sofa. Hmmm. I think I like this spot and Mom will need to find a new spot when she gets back.
- Practice the "teacher stare" to give Mom when she doesn't feed me on time.
- Take a nap!
- Find a new hiding place under the piano. I bet Janet can't find me here.
- Take another nap. A girl must get her beauty sleep!
- Get ready for the house trashing party. I know I have those party favors somewhere in here!