There is a little routine I like to make my mom go through sometimes before I will eat. (Mom- sometimes??????)
1. I won't touch the food when mom serves it on the floor in the kitchen. I make her bring it to the living room at the foot of the sofa near her. She puts it on the floor and I just give her the look.
2. I then ignore the plate of food.
3. Mom then resorts to moving the food closer to me and rubs my floofy head.
4. Finally, Mom gets the idea and puts the stinky goodness on her fingers (She said it takes several hand washings to get rid of the smell) and I immediately eat the food off of her fingers that I have ignored for several minutes.
5. I then begin to realize that the food on the plate smells very familiar to the food on mom's finger.
6. I finally begin eating the stinky goodness that Mom put out for me approximately 10 minutes earlier.
7. I will go back and forth eating from the plate several times (sometimes 2 hours later) and finish my stinky goodness. If she moves the plate back to the kitchen, I won't eat it, which drives Mom crazy.
8. Of course, I am always ready for my treats! I could eat treats 24/7. Thank you to all of my friends who suggested quotes for yesterday's picture. The quote Mom thought best represented what I was doing during this photo shoot came from Eric and Flynn.
Pee Ess - Don't worry! Mom leaves out dry food for me for free feeding and I eat that all of the time!
Note from Mom: I know, I know. Praline has trained me well and all I do is contribute to my little spoiled Southern Belle. But how can I turn down that cute face?