Today, Mom's South Carolina Gamecocks are playing their arch rival, the Clemson Tigers in football. Of course, my Mom has left to go to the ball game. According to the weather channel, there is an 80% chance of rain and the high temperatures will be in the 40s. I tried to convince Mom to stay home in our warm house and watch the game on TV with me, but she said she had spent too many green papers on tickets, so she was going. Keep your fingers crossed Mom doesn't get any sicker (she has been on antibiotics again this week)!
Even though the Tigers are kitties, I hope all of my furry friends on the Cat Blogosphere will help me cheer for my Mom's Gamecocks (except for my Clemson friends, of course!)
I decided that I was going to spend my Black Friday at home helping mom search for items in the catalogs and on the Internets!
What do you mean you have looked at these, so now you are going shopping?
Oh well, they make a good place to take a nap!
Be careful if you go out in the mess of people today! Don't get into too many fights if someone has an item that you want. Just give them a hiss, the kitty stare, and they will drop whatever it is and run!
- My Mom, Paula, who brought me into her loving home almost 13 years ago.
- A home with a roof over my head to keep me warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer.
- Plenty of stinky goodness and treats!
- All of my new furriends on the Cat Blogosphere!
- Hugs, scritches, belly rubs, and kisses from my Mom.
- Paw Paw (my grandpa bean) because of all the treats he gives me.
- My Sweet little Praline, who has brought me so much joy and comfort!
- My parents who have been there for me through the good times and the bad times.
- My sister and her family.
- My friends, old and new.
- A great job!
- My Heavenly Father!
As you can see, Paw Paw had three different bags of treats on his lap and he gave me treats from all three bags! Isn't my Paw Paw great?
Today's Photo Hunt theme is "Reflection." Mom went back to my baby pictures and found one of me when I was around 1 year old. This was the bathroom in our apartment when my Mom was working on her Ph.D. at Clemson University. This bathroom was really MY room. My litter box and food stayed in this room and I loved to sleep in the sink. There was a looooooong cabinet in the human litter box room, so I had plenty of room to hang around and watch mom.
In this reflection, you see the front of younger Praline and the back of younger Praline. Ain't I cute?
- Paula, my mom! Of course she would be #1 on my list. Can I have a treat now Mom!
- Paw Paw (aka Paul), my grandpa bean. He always gives me bunches of treats when Mom isn't looking.
- Paper. I love to lie down on any piece of paper that is on the floor.
- Purrs. Because they relax my mom after she has had a bad day! Plus it gets me scritches, belly rubs and more treats.
- Presents! Who doesn't like presents?
- Pumuckl and his mom Chica. They have so much fun together and give the greatest tours!
- Party Mix treats! and Temptations and Greenies and . . .
- Popcorn. I don't like to eat popcorn, but when Mom is eating popcorn, she is sitting on the sofa watching movies and giving me scritches and belly rubs.
- Petting. I just love it when my mom "pets" me.
- and last but not least, Pralines, because that is where I got my name from.
Whew! That was tough! Did I do good?
Mom has been so busy the past few days that she hasn't had much time for me or to help me visit my friends on the cat blog. She tries to bribe me when she gets home late with bunches of treats (okay, I like the treats!), but doesn't she realize I want quantity time as well as quality time!?!
Pee Ess - I wish I knew how to work that flashy box thing! Mom fell asleep on the sofa last night with the computer on her lap! That should have been me on her lap!!!
"I think I must attempt to draw Sweet Praline.
I will need to buy more markers to get her coloring right!
In the meantime, here's a 30 second quick sketch I drew on the back of my paycheck -- "
"SEE MY BELLY?"
I think she has me just right, don't you? I may even let her rub my belly!
Pee Ess: Mom is home this weekend even though her roosters (Gamecocks) are playing football in Florida. She said she needed to save some green papers with the holidays approaching. The South Carolina Gamecocks are playing the Florida Gators today at 3:30 pm on CBS. The Gators are favored to beat the Gamecocks by 21 points. Mom said we will just watch it on tv and hope for the best.
Note from Mom: A special thank you for including Praline on your blog. We were both very honored. I wish I was that artistically talented.
There is a little routine I like to make my mom go through sometimes before I will eat. (Mom- sometimes??????)
1. I won't touch the food when mom serves it on the floor in the kitchen. I make her bring it to the living room at the foot of the sofa near her. She puts it on the floor and I just give her the look.
Pee Ess - Don't worry! Mom leaves out dry food for me for free feeding and I eat that all of the time!
Note from Mom: I know, I know. Praline has trained me well and all I do is contribute to my little spoiled Southern Belle. But how can I turn down that cute face?
Honor Flight Heroes to be Parade VIPs
When the annual Veterans Day parade rolls down Sumter Street in Columbia today, it will be viewed by some very special guests. Each of the 91 World War II veterans who will be on the inaugural Honor Flight to visit Washington memorials Saturday has been invited to sit a special VIP area to view the parade.
Honor Flight was initially conceived in 2004 by Earl Morse, a Physician Assistant and Retired Air Force Captain, to honor veterans he has taken care of for the past 27 years. Its sole purpose is to fly veterans to Washington D.C. to visit the memorials dedicated to honor their sacrifices. Honor Flight has flown more than 800 WWII veterans to the memorial.
Honor Flight to Washington, DC, September 20, 2008
I think I will put out a "kitty alert" for help. We must keep moms away when the grandbeans are visiting so we can get all the treats we want.
Update: Gamecocks Defeat Arkansas, 34-21
I am now calling mom's football team the roosters because they are finally playing better. This weekend is homecoming at the University of South Carolina and the "Gamecocks" are playing the University of Arkansas and they are the "Razorbacks" (or hogs!). I know both chicken and pork are very tempting for my kitty friends out there, but I am hoping that you will continue to support my mom's team. The game is early today, so mom will be home before dark and we can cuddle together for the evening.
I am watching the Gamecock attack and chase away that old Razorback!
Was that enough floof for you?