8.09.2008

Special Litter Box

Happy weekend, my fur friends and their beans! If you have been following my story for the past two months, you will know that my mom and I have lived in four different places since my "Gotcha" day. Five years ago, Mom decided she was tired of living in apartments and was ready to move back into her house that she had been renting while she was in graduate school and working at two different universities that were 1 to 2 hours away from home. This was the house that she lived in prior to her divorce, so she wanted some changes when she moved back in. At the time, she was doing a lot of consulting (she was a mathematics education professor), so she had some extra money and decided to totally start fresh when she moved back in the house, so every piece of furniture was NEW! This also included my personal bathroom (aka the litterbox).


Mom found this litterbox from the Drs. Foster and Smith catalog. It is called the "Litter Box Bench" and Mom thought it would work nicely in her bedroom underneath the window.


She was able to get a color that almost matched her new gray carpet and it fit perfectly underneath the window. It is made out of solid wood and is covered with carpet. You can specify the opening at either end of the box. The top of the box is on a hinge and you can open it for easy removal of the litter. Mom says one of the best things about the box is that it is lined with a vinyl liner that comes out for cleaning.

I especially like the box because I can sit on top of it and look out of the window (when Mom opens the blinds). Many times I will use the box for a midway jumping point from the floor to Mom's bed because she has one of those four-poster, Rice beds that is pretty high.


"Oh, Mom! Quick, open the blinds. I hear something outside."

Sorry about that. My attention span has gotten shorter as I have gotten older. Not only is my special litter box beautiful, but it is also functional. I really like my Bench Litter Box because of the privacy.

Sorry. Mother Nature calls . . .

Mom will be leaving for California tomorrow and will be gone for over a week! My pet sitter, Janet will be taking care of me while she is away. I am going to visit Huffle Mawson (and maybe a few others) while she is gone and maybe have a house trashing party. Mom has promised she will write and take pictures in San Diego and Los Angeles.

26 comments:

Stellaluna said...

That's a little box? How fancy! We never have seen one here :'( I want mommy to buy me one!

You're going to be away? O r you figured out the 'puter's password?

Stellaluna said...

Woops! I say....litter box! What I wuz thinking?

Karen Jo said...

You have a very fancy litter box, Praline. It is very useful, too, in more ways than one. I hope you don't get too lonely while your Mom is gone.

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - that's a furry fancy shmancy litter box! WE hope yer momma has a great time in our sunny state - it should be nice a warm fer her!

Cat Street Boyz said...

Wow that's nice Praline! Mom gets us stuff from Foster & Smith too...as a matter of fact, we are waiting for a delivery from them any day now. That box is lots bigger than we thought, it's nice you can use it to relax in front of the window. Very neat idea=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

Motor Home Cats said...

We don't know if we would like a covered litter box or not. Yours is pretty fancy tho. Your mama will be near us if she is also going to Los Angeles. We are actually right near Long Beach.

Safe trip to your mama. We hope you won't miss her too much while she is gone

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a nice litterbox and it is good furr sitting on.I wish we had a covered litterbox cuz since I wuz ill, mum has to stare at me when I poo to make sure things are working properly. It gets embarrassing.
Eric

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That sure is one special litter box! I am a little bit jealous. It is never multi-functual.

Purrs out to your mom on a safe and fun trip!

We'll come by for a visit, Praline to keep you company.

purrs Shade

Parker said...

Wow - I like your fancy box! You know, you can always stop over in O Hi O when your Mom leaves!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That is one fancy litter box! But nothing but the best for sweet Sweet Praline! We would luvs to have one of those too.

We hope you don't miss your mom too much while she is gone. Hoping she has a safe trip too.

Laila and Minchie

Teddy Westlife said...

Is Tuesday okay for you to visit me? I'll have mum open a can of stinky goodness.

Huffle Mawson

Sweet Purrfections said...

Huffle - Tuesday sounds great! I will bring a fev-ver or two. Sounds like fun!

Anita said...

Wow! Cute litterbox!

Look here more fancy litterbox, muhahaha!

Good trip to you mommie!

The Island Cats said...

Hi Praline...that is one pratical litter box. We would try it but Wally doesn't like to do his business in closed quarters....

Have a great day!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Artsy Catsy said...

Sweet Praline, thank you so very much for coming to visit me and helping me out! Just thinking about your beautiful face is making my weekend at the vet hospital a lot easier!

Your new friend,
Mr. Milky

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

What a nice litter box/bed step/window seat. I hope you have fun visiting Australia while your mom is gone.

Fat Eric said...

That is a furry fancy litter box. I am not sure they sell those in the UK. Hope your mum has a good trip and brings you back LOTS of treats to apologise for deserting you.

Anonymous said...

hello sweet praline its dennis the vizsla dog hay if i see yore mama in sandy eggo i wil be shoor to say hi hav fun with the baby sittr ok bye

Pattyskypants said...

Howdy, Sweet P! I likez ur littur boxz! xxoo Bhu

Daisy said...

What a great idea for a litter box!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

i really like your litter box, praline. it looks very lovely. when my mommie bought new couches she also bought us a kitty condo which is matching in RED and this is a good idea to have matching furnitures with the beans, it shows that you have styles too.

veronica

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That is a very, very fancy litter box! But you deserve fancy, Praline!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow, dat's a nice bathroom set up yoo got. Hope yoor mom has a nice trip and dat yoo don't miss her too much.

Anonymous said...

I iz so jelous,and momma says what a smart piece of furniture, momma likes stuff with 2 uses!
Itz very very cool :)
V-V

The Florida Furkids said...

What a nice, private bathroom you have!!! We hope we're invited to the house trashing party after your Mom leaves!

Unknown said...

ohmai!! Praline dat iz the coolezt litter box housez!! ME WANT ONE!! me ask mai mom right nowz!!